It's Snowing... in September?


Yup... apparently winter time is close.. well, according to this card it is!

I loved the 2 children out in the snow making a snowman stamp by Gina K. Designs' called her "Got Snow?" stamp set! I paired it with the branch from the "Flowers for Daisy" set and I made it appear as if it were a snow globe.

First, I used my largest circular Spellbinder's Nestability and embossed a large circle on to my card base. I ran a thin tipped marker along the embossed mark to make it stand out. Then I stamped the "Got Snow?" image inside the circle shape.

Then I coloured my image with Copic markers and chalks and finally added some liquid applique medium using a heat gun for some snowy dimension.

I then stamped 3 branch images on to a piece of scrap white cardstock, added extra colouring and shading using my Copic markers again and cut them out.

I adhered the 3 branches using a tape runner adhesive and some foam adhesive to help raise them off the surface of my card base. A few drops of cherry red Stickles for some berries and the card was complete!


A close up....


I hope you enjoyed a sprinkling of snowy inspiration today! Stay cool!

Photobucket

No comments:

 
09 10