Stamps & Scraps: Terrific Tissue


Howdy all!  It's Monday and time to share a layout creation over on the Flourishes blog today.  Come and check out my "Stamps & Scraps" article over at the Flourishes blog.

I have a super TUTORIAL on how to make your own tissue tape (aka Washi tape!)

You & Me Forever


Here are a few close ups of my layout...


I stamped a few simple roses and rose bush leaves from the "I Love Roses" stamp set.  I first brushed a wash of white paint over top of them and then coloured with in with Ranger's new Distress Ink markers.  To add that finishing touch, I added a fine layer of clear embossing powder to my roses and some Ranger crackle accents solution to my leaves.


For my tissue back ground, I stamped a variety of ferns again right over top of the tissue paper.  I also embossed some white ferns to add a pop of more white.


For my title, I stamped all over a simple manila tag, incorporating my title "You & Me Forever" from the "Love Sweet Love" stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Make sure you stop on over at the Flourishes blog to find out how to make your own washi tape.  Super easy and FUN!

Supplies:
stamps, cardstock: Flourishes (Love Sweet Love, I Love Roses!, Ferns and Fiddles, Moments in Time, Humming Along);  patterned paper: Heidi Swapp;  tissue paper: 7Gyspies, Canvas Corp.;  inks: Ranger Distress Inks & markers, Memento;  canvas pieces, gems: Prima;  wood frame: Kaisercraft;  printed tissue tape: We R Memory Keepers;  masks: Crafters Workshop;  hat pin: Petaloo;  white paint: DecoArt;  mists: Tattered Angels;  other: embossing powder, Crackle Accents, thread, twine, blue ribbon.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Wow - this is absolutely STUNNING! I'm "going out and about in the moxie fab world" at Cath's suggestion http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/06/its-your-turn-to-go-out-about-in-moxie.html and I'm so glad I did - your layout is so detailed and amazing.

Jaydee said...

Ally, seriously, this is one gorgeously crafted page! I found myself staring at it for ages to see all the amazing detail. The pearls, the stitching, the stamping on the ribbon, the multiple layers, the tape. It's just so beautiful. Great tutorial, too. Washi tape is so expensive and your solution is fabulous. Thanks for sharing - and popping by my blog!
Hugs
Jaydee

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Beautiful! And I love your creations and blog. Thanks for looking me up with the Moxie fab blog roll this week.

 
09 10