Timeless Tuesday ~ Fall Inspired!


 
Howdy everyone!  Tuesday again and time to play with more Flourishes stamps!  Time for another fabulous Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge.

For this week's challenge Maki has challenged us to create a project that is fall themed (FTTC188)!  I have to tell you... fall is my favourite time of the year and I'm always inspired by its beautiful colour palette of brilliant reds, lush oranges, sunny yellows and rich browns!   So today I thought I'd share something other than a card... it's a magic box (just like a mini Explosion box!)!!!  

Butterfly Magic Box
The Front Panel

The Top of the Box
 

I used the beautiful butterfly image form the "Clematis & Butterflies" stamp set.  I began stamping in Memento "Rich Cocoa" ink onto Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock and then I inked the edges with a combination of Ranger Distress InksAntique Linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Spiced Marmalade and Shabby Shutters.

Open Magic Box
Inside I tried to create a little autumn garden oasis.  For my garden plants, I used ferns from the "Ferns & Fiddles" stamp set and other greenery from the retired "Herbs" stamp collection.  I used both Memento "Rich Cocoa" ink and "Desert Sand" ink to create a feeling of depth in my little garden.

Butterfly Detail

To make it look as though my beautiful butterflies were in mid air, I glued them to narrow strips of Flourishes Clear Cover CardstockVoila!  Three fluttering beauties!

Bottom Box Detail
 And for the final panel at the bottom of my box, I used the "Medallion Motif" stamp set - which included the decorative medallion and the central sentiment as well.



Take a peek at what my fellow Timeless Tuesday designers have created for today's fall themed challenge…
You can find all the challenge details at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge FTTC188.  I hope you will join us for this week's challenge.  Can't wait to see what you create and share with us!


********
Supplies: 
stamps:  Flourishes (Medallion Motif, Herbs, Clematis & Butterflies, Ferns & Fiddles)
cardstock: Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock, Bazzill
patterned papers:  Basic Grey
inks:  Memento, Ranger
tools:  paper piercer by Tim Holtz
accessories:  leaf charm by Prima,  twine by Darice, edge punches by EK Success.
 Photobucket

8 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Man! You never cease to amaze me! Talk about gorgeous! I just love all the rich warm golden color in each panel!

Sasha said...

Your magic box is beautifully created and stamped, Allison. Love the warm honey colours, too x

Amanda said...

I know I saw this earlier, but Good Gracious, this is Beautiful!! I can't stop looking at it!
Ally, you are so talented, and I am so happy that you are on the team to inspire us every week ;)

~ Amanda :)

The Rubber Maid said...

What a beautiful surprise this box is. Super
lovely. Pat

Unknown said...

Gasp!!! What a stunning fall themed project! I am in love with the magic box! Gorgeous colors and detail!

Cindy Haffner said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!~

Karen W said...

Oh Wow this is fabulous. I love how you did the ferns and butterflies and the color is gorgeous!!

Cheryl said...

Unbelievably beautiful! Love the fluttering butterflies!

 
09 10