Timeless Tuesday: Birthday Wishes!

Howdy all!  Happy Tuesday!  It's time for another fabulous Timeless Tuesday Challenge over at Flourishes!!

This week's awesome challenge is hosted by the lovely, Amanda Havon, our Team Coordinator!  This week, Amanda is challenging you to create a birthday card or project (FLLC192).  Yup... it's a simple as that!  Here is what I created for this week's challenge...

Country Birthday

































For my card this week I knew I needed to make a masculine card for my brother-in-law's birthday coming up at the end of the month so I began by making a Surprise Pop-Up card.  You can see the Splitcoast tutorial on how to create your own card here.

I first die cut my oval shape using my Spellbinder's Classic Oval Nestabilities die out of Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock.  Then I stamped the glorious "horse and pasture" image and matching sentiment form the Flourishes "Country Road" stamp collection.

At the button of my pull-up tag, I stamped the "barn and windmill" image, also from the "Country Road" stamp collection and then I stamped the "Happy Birthday to You" over top of it from the NEW "Sentimental Favorites" set in navy ink to match my top image.

That gorgeous fine twine is also one of Flourishes fabulous trims!  It's called "Kraft Jute" and goes perfectly with my country themed card this week! 

I also wanted to decorate the inside of my card with a message so I stamped the "Best Wishes" sentiment from the "Sentimental Favorites" set as my card's finishing touch!



Take a peek at what my fellow Timeless Tuesday designers have created for today…
You can find all the challenge details at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge FTTC192.

Thanks for joining me today.  I hope you'll join us this week for our birthday inspired challenge!



Supplies:
stamps: Flourishes
cardstock: Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock, Bazzill
patterned papers: Farm House Paper Company
die cut shapes: Spellbinders
inks: Stampin' Up!, Ranger
accessories: thread.
 Photobucket

10 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my WORD, what an AMAZING looking card! Love that sponged main panel and I'm totally in love with the papers!!!

Curt in Indy said...

This is really beautiful! I'm amazed at how you did the stitching on the slide part. That is true artsmanship! Best, Curt

The Rubber Maid said...

Wonderful masculine card and of course a totally awesome "cowboy" type card. Love it. Pat

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! I am totally casing this card, love the warm country feel. Beautiful card, love love it.

Amanda said...

What a Unique and Cool birthday card, Ally!! I love, love it!! I don't know how you do it but believe me, you blow me away each week, and I love that about you and your cards :) Great job and great card :)

~ Amanda :)

NinaB said...

Wow, this is brilliant! I love it!

Unknown said...

This is super fantastic!! I love the country look and elements you used. The pop-up card is something I want to try!

Broni said...

What a perfect masculine card! Every element and detail works wonderfully together! Love that burlap ribbon!

TLady said...

THIS IS WONDERFUL ALLISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the Easel card idea!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! It has a WONDERFUL COUNTRY FLAIR with what you've done with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!PAPERS, THE WHOLE DESIGN IDEA YOU HAD!!!!!!!! You tied it all together NICELY!!!!!!!!!!!! :)SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Ally I ADORE this!!~

 
09 10