Flourishes Release ~ "Roses are Red"

Howdy all!  I'm back aging this week to share the second of 3 fabulous NEW Flourishes stamp sets for our January release!  Here's a little peak at the newest stamp release. This set is called...


This is an amazing stamp set!  Not only is it perfect for your Valentine's Day cards but it could be easily  used to create "love" inspired cards, birthday greetings or lots of other fabulous creations!  Check out my three cards today...

Pink Roses on Scalloped Hearts
For each of my cards I used the fabulous "Devoted" paper collection from Carta Bella.   I began each card by die cutting out my scalloped label shape from Flourishes Classic White Cardstock and stamping my bouquet of roses image within the frame using Memento "Black Tuxedo" ink ~ my favourite ink!!!

Pink Roses on Red
 
Then I coloured all the stamped images using Copic markers:   RV11 from the Tea Rose Collection, G20, G21 & G24 from the Leaf Green Collection, G40 from the Pistachio Collection, B91 and B93 from the Blue Jean Collection and RV10,  Once coloured, I used some Ranger "Walnut Stain" on a sponge applicator and lightly sponged each image - to add a bit of antiquing.  Then I sponged on some white ink to soften each focal image.

 Pink Roses on Red Hearts

I added a simple piece of twine and a silver heart button to each one for little bit of shine.

Make sure you check out the Flourishes blog for a list of all the fabulous Flourishes designers and their "Roses are Red" creations.

Don't forget... to play along with our release week challenge, "Love Letters" to win ALL of the January new release stamp sets!!!  You have until January 11th, 5PM EST to enter.  Good luck!!!


Supplies: 
stamps:  Flourishes (Roses are Red)
cardstock: Flourishes Classic White Cardstock, Bazzill, Papertrey Ink Rustic White
edge punch, corner rounder: EK Success
inks: Memento, Ranger, Copic, Color Box
die cut shapes: Spellbinders
patterned papers: Carta Bella 
twine: Darice
accessories: heart buttons by Dress It Up, thread.
 Photobucket

2 comments:

KimCreate said...

Really pretty cards!!!

Anonymous said...

HOLLY SMOKES ALLI...these are gorgeous! The heart buttons are a fab touch!

 
09 10