PageMaps & Flourishes!

Flourishes has teamed up with PageMaps by Becky Fleck this month!  Some of the Flourishes team members have been given some gorgeous sketches by Becky to create with using our wonderful Flourishes images.

To view the entire March line up of card sketches, please visit the PageMaps™ website HERE.

For my 7x5 card I knew I wanted to create a feminine birthday card for my mother-in-law.  Her birthday was the last week of February and I needed something spectacular!

 
Sketch by Becky Fleck; PageMaps.

To begin, I mimicked the scrolling edge design of Becky's card sketch and created a base for some stamping using my Klic N'Kut design software.  I cut it out of Flourishes Classic White Cardstock.  Then I took some large Post-It notes and masked off the edges of the design so they would remain white and began stamping my roses from the "A Year In Flowers 2" stamp set with Memento "Black Tuxedo" ink.

I stamped roses over the entire surface and then coloured in the back ground using a combination of Copic markers; T1 & T2.
Then I took a sponge applicator and used some Copic Blender Solution and dabbed the entire surface.  I let the grey area dry and then I coloured my roses using Copic markers, R32 & R35 from the...

I removed the masking notes and created the remainder of my card.  And here she is...

Birthday Wishes
Just like the sketch, I added some fun charms to some pretty metallic string in silver.  I added my "Birthday Wishes" sentiment to the corner of the card from the "Winter Blossoms" stamp set.

Here's a close up of the charms and the coloured back ground...
The rectangular charm contains the word "Smile" from the "Tag Lines" stamp set.

Come on out and check out what my fellow design team members created using Becky's beautiful card sketches at PageMaps!

Supplies: 
stamps: Flourishes (Tag Lines, A Year in Flowers 2, Winter Blossoms)
string: Flourishes (Metallic Silver)
design: PageMaps by Becky Fleck 
cardstock: Flourishes, Bazzill
patterned papers: BasicGrey

frame charm: K& Company
mini charms: My Mind's Eye 
tools: Klic N'Kut machine
inks: Memento, Copic
gems: KaiserCraft

 Photobucket

7 comments:

dpkennedy said...

This is stunning Ally! I love how you created the background and the scrolled edge! The repeated roses are so bold and beautiful too! Gorgeous creation!

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely breathtaking!! I love, love, love the way those red roses just POP!!! What an incredible work of art this is!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Wow! Is this ever STUNNING, Ally! I LOVE what you did with the Copic grays and Blender Solution...gorgeous! So many fabulous details here...just an all-around incredible card!

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful! Love how you masked the edges and the red roses are so very elegant. :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Your sketch is fun and GORGEOUS creation based off it. Love the roses, very classy feeling.

ChristineCreations said...

This is stunning Ally. The pop of colour against the gray/b & w is gorgeous, it really achieves that marble look. I love the curve and those charms in a string are awesome to work the sketch.

Sasha said...

This looks gorgeous, Ally. Fabulous techniques and you coloured your roses beautifully! x

 
09 10