Timeless Tuesday ~ Reminds Me of the Sea!

 
Hello Flourishes Fans!  Did you a load of all the new and fabulous stamp sets released last week?  They're all amazing.  Did you know that you can also purchase the...

The New Release Bundle includes ALL four of our new stamps sets at 10% off the total price of buying all four separately!  WOW... what a savings!!!  You have to act fast, however, to cash in on this deal. This offer only lasts through May 17.  Happy shopping!!

I also want to take a moment to honour one of our fabulous Friends of Flourishes Team members... Cindy Haffner!  Cindy has been a part of the FOF team for 5 years and this week she has decided to step down from the team.  She is off on a new life adventure, to a new home and to lots of other fun firsts!  I wish you all the best Cindy!  I sure hope you'll join us for the odd TTC!!!  Best wishes Cindy!!  I'm going to miss you!  Big hugs!!!  Safe travels!

Welcome to this week's edition of the Timeless Tuesday Challenge!  This week's challenge comes to your from our super talented hostess, Broni this week!  She is challenging us to create a card or project using the colours... blue and green (FTTC220)!  And I have to tell you... these are my favourite colours for creating cards so I was tickled pink this week to be using this colour combo for my project.  It reminds me of the sea...


I started off my card this week by die cutting one of our Perfectly Pierced Classic Window die shapes from our delicious Flourishes Classic White Cardstock.  Leaving my cardstock in my die, I stamped my rose and rosehip image from the NEW "Old Tea Rose" stamp set using Memento "Black Tuxedo" ink.

Then I created a mask as seen below.  Typically, I like to create masks for stamping out of Post-It Notes.  This allows me to create a mask that isn't too thick as to distort my inking along its edges.  Sometimes I use just good copy paper like I did for today's mask. First I took the copy paper, fussy cut out my stamped images and then ran it through my Xyron Sticker Maker with Repositionable Adhesive in it. Works like a charm for making masks!!!  Instead of throwing this out, I put my masks back on their waxy paper backing and slide them in with my stamp set... ready for next time!

After I carefully laid down my masks over my stamped images, I loaded up my Copic Airbrush with just two simple markers (BG01 & BG13) and worked my way around my image.  Once my colour was laid down, I left on my masks just a little longer and inked up one of the sentiment stamps from the same stamp set, "Old Tea Rose", and stamped it across my images.

I used the following Copic Collections to airbrush and colour my card:  BG01, BG13, T1, T2, T3 and T4:
 

I hope you've enjoyed my creation today.  Make sure you take a moment and stop by all of our fabulous Friends of Flourishes Team members' and guest designer's blog today...
I'm also giving away some Flourishes BLOG CANDY!  Take a peek HERE! *NOW CLOSED*

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Ally ~

Supplies:
stamps: Flourishes (Old Tea Rose)
cardstock: Flourishes Classic White Cardstock, Bazzill
die cut shapes: Flourishes (Perfectly Pierced Dies)
ink: Memento, Copic
tools:  Tim Holtz (Piercing tool & ruler).

13 comments:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you save your mask, this makes it so much easier then having to fussy cut all the time.

stampqueen said...

Very pretty - love the blues you used!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card..great tip on making masks. TFS

TLady said...

WOW ALLY!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS STUNNING!!!!!! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Miss thing.... Wow... Your masking is outstanding. Love love it all!

Iulia said...

Fabulous card, Allison, and what a great idea with the mask! This is fantastic!
Hugs, Iulia

Katie Sims said...

OH my word...Ally!!!! This is so pretty!! It reminds me of fabric! Love the blue-greens you used to set off that gorgeous bloom! Mercy, all of that masking must have taken a while but it was certainly worth it for this beauty! :)

ChristineCreations said...

Seriously? Oh My. I love this! What a beautiful use of blue-green and the gray colouring on the main rose is stunning!

jbaker839 said...

Absolutely gorgeous and I love the blue/greeb coloring. Love the mask idea too.

Unknown said...

Gasp!! This is so stunning, Ally!!! I love the turquoise and how you colored the image with black & white!

Broni said...

Wow, oh wow! This is awesome, Ally! I love the masking, the shading, and the airbrushing that you did. It just looks so elegant!! And I also think of the sea when I think of blues and greens. Actually, I've always said my favorite color is "water".

Deborah Anton said...

WOWZER!! This is awesome masking and gorgeous blues!! Every element is perfect and now I am going to have to case this.. :)

Jenny Gropp said...

Simply lovely-- really live the vibrancy of the BG's and then the grey shading! Beautiful result!

 
09 10